RMweb

Aberkeld Jcn-Highland Mainline in the early 1990s N Gauge Code 40 Finescale

JBM37404

Some ballasting work done. Was going to use Woodlands Iron ore fine. Its too red though and research has shown its not really that shade. Have gone instead for legacy Brown Blend. Photos attached. This is another step where trains can't run so wanting it done!!

20220904_164613.jpg

20220904_164527.jpg

20220901_141020.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Robert Shrives said:

Good to  see this going so well  track is very good and the ballast does say Scotland. I look forward to seeing progress.

Robert  

Thanks Robert, cracking on with as and when I can on days off but it's starting to get the Highlands vibe!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

37113 starts emerging from a 37068 body, Bees Hill models have worked on a new front end based on a split box with doors, hinges and a high intensity headlight. As I posted a while back in the Farish thread this type of 37 front end is not produced by farish with the cut away bufferbeam. As far as I know these front ends may be available soon on a well known auction site.

Cheers

John

20221102_120547.jpg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some overall layout shots, not award winning but give an idea of what's been done so far and what's left to do. The unfinished board near the cabinet will have a rising Road going over a concrete bridge and a smaller road off that going over a double span stone bridge to the Castle. Planning a river feature on the other side of the castle and the disused line to Aberkeld flanks the other side of the Castle mound. The road behind the Grain loader also needs finishing as does the scenics on that part of the board. I also need some lighting in buildings and to do a lighting bus wire underneath the boards.

Happy New Year to all.

John

20230101_200448.jpg

20230101_200344.jpg

20230101_200312.jpg

20230101_200541.jpg

Edited by JBM37404
Odd spacing
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some work been going on behind the scenes, mate of mine Anthony who is great with electrics has rigged up a raspberry pi computer to run a route setting programme on a touch screen so I can set routes that involve multiple point changes by touching a screen. This can also be done by phone on an app also or a mouse plugged into the computer. This interface will also eventually have block detection and control signalling which is planned.

Also some shots of the yard with a set of cargowaggons and the polybulks in at the same time.

IMG-20230318-WA0000.jpg

20230319_204847.jpg

20230319_204811.jpg

Edited by JBM37404
  • Like 10

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 vids of the 26 powering through. Deliberately gloomy. Thinking of getting  a go pro or similar to film layout as the phone isn't easy.

Edited by JBM37404
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...