IP Engineering Rapier (The Fallen Modonna)

binesrail

Hi all,

I have just finnished building the IP Engineering Rapier loco kit and its just about as basic as it gets in 16mm, some wheels a motor and a very basic body. The kit was of a very good quality (as is everything i have bought from IP Engineering) simple to make and only took about 2 hours from opening the packet to putting the last coat of paint on! In my mind they could have done more with this kit such as an exhaust and a switch to make it reversable, but what do you expect from a loco kit that was only £30! It has lots of potental to be a great model, i have built it how the instructions say to build it to see how it come out and i have to say it works like a charm, but i may buy another one later in the year and heavily modifi it with everything i want it to have.

if you want to have a look at IP Engineering's website click this link and there is a load more of great quality stuff on there!

Cheers

Chris

post-2641-127626281589_thumb.jpg

post-2641-127626293934_thumb.jpg

post-2641-127626300841_thumb.jpg

post-2641-127626307017_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again all,

Since i built the Rapier i felt there were things missing, it just didnt look right. So what i did was to add some break pipes, glazing for the windows, windscreen wipers, terned the battery holder into an american style driving panal and a new thicker cab roof! i know alot of add-ons but it now looks right (im my mind anyway :D )

Photos to follow so watch this space...

Cheers for the comments :P

Chris

Hi all,

Here are some pics of my 16mm loco fleet and the rapier. The locos in order from nearest first are as follows, IP Engineering Lister built 2007, IP Engineering Rapier built 2010 (now the SUPER Rapier!), Merlin Beck built 1984 re-painted by me in a typical German livery but still under repair, Roundhouse Russell built 2002 in full livery, Accucraft Baguly built 2008 and Merlin Hunslet 2-6-2 built 1983 (ish) re-painted in the same livery as the prototype on the W&L. There will be more photos of the Rapier to come so watch this space...

Cheers

Chris

post-2641-127765409255_thumb.jpg

post-2641-12776541341_thumb.jpg

post-2641-127765417643_thumb.jpg

Archived