Faulty printing on Hornby locomotives

Farang

8 minutes ago, Farang said:

This may have been a bargain but did Hornby sell these models to retailers at a very low price because they had a known fault i.e. the printing? If that is the case, and retailers knew it, then they should have advertised them with the proviso that the models had faulty printing. That way the customer has the choice to buy or not.

To confirm, you mentioned in 2021 that these locos had wonky printing, two years later they are reduced, you ring a couple of places who tell you theirs have wonky printing, then buy it from a third place, and are surprised that it has wonky printing? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

As reported earlier I returned Channel Packet to Simon Kohler. I did receive a reply which stated the model had been passed to their modelmakers but there was nothing they could do as trying to remove and reposition the plate would probably damage the paintwork. A replacement model was not offered as the website shows it as being sold out. Therefore the model has been returned to the retailer for credit. I'd still like to have one but will have to visit a dealer so I can inspect before buying. It's a nice model but the plates are a bit "plasticly" looking.  I have cancelled my preorder for United States Line as I have no confidence in this model, again I'll visit a shop to buy.

With Ellerman Lines  I did contact Hornby and suggest they might replace the body but unfortunately they do not keep spare bodies. So, if you have a problem with paint/decoration of a model the only option is to return it for refund.