SE&CR stations

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, jaym481 said:

Thanks all. I think I'll use the Wills kit as a starting point. Maybe some day I'll be able to 3d print something bespoke..

Hi,

I would just like to point out that the Wills CK16 is a Craftsman kit.  This is as close to scratchbuilding as a kit comes, but it does have all the parts and instructions.  Do not be put off, but I thought I ought to say given your comment earlier.

Thanks. If it looks too daunting for me at this point, I'll set it aside for a later build and try something else. I think I'll give it a try though. Does the platform that is part of the kit fit with other platform kits, such as Metcalfe?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, jaym481 said:

Thanks. If it looks too daunting for me at this point, I'll set it aside for a later build and try something else. I think I'll give it a try though. Does the platform that is part of the kit fit with other platform kits, such as Metcalfe?

The short answer is that I have no idea.  I have not made this particular kit, although I have other Craftsman kits.  I assume as you probably have to cut it out yourself that it could well do, but you may not have to use it at all.

• RMweb Premium

If you are looking to use Metcalf platforms then I would use them under the station building, if only for uniformity. The nature of these Wills kits is that they are extremely flexible in their construction so not using the platform (assuming it is included - I could find no confirmation that it is) will not be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1