RMweb

MultiMaus Err4

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi, 

Just starting to use the MultiMaus and have encountered a Err4 message when trying to programme a loco? The manual guides me towards a POM mode issue, can anyone advise on how to solve the problem, please?

Thank you

Guest Jack Benson

How does the MultiMaus detect that I am not using a test track as there is only one output from the MultiMaus box?

Thank you

It doesn’t, but it knows you are trying to do something that is allowed in POM mode and therefore doesn’t allow you to do it. 

Change mode and it will a) change the output to programming track mode and b) allow you to do whatever you want to do.

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

I am using a full Roco MultiMaus set-up. Handheld, wall wart and small black box, all Roco units.

My apologies, I should have mentioned that I have managed to create the loco in the roster and assign it to the factory setting CV1 is 3 but what I want to is change CV1 on the loco to 01. 

Thank you

Edited by Jack Benson

Is this the device?

Roco 10764

IIRC there is something about this amplifier, and you cannot read CVs with it, I am not sure if you can write them - unfortunately the manual is no longer available to read and review as the unit was discontinued quite a while ago :(.

If you can find a link for the manual I may be able to see what you need to do.

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

It is the Fleischmann version but exactly the same part number etc. I am aware of its limitations as a system but I have used a MultiMaus for many years without issue.  

However, this set-up was a replacement and as such has not been used in anger, I am not sure how to change the ‘mode’ in order to resolve the err 4 issue .

Thanks

Guest Jack Benson
40 minutes ago, eldavo said:

Is the problem occurring with one particular decoder or all decoders?  I have seen the same on my setup but I'm struggling to remember how I overcame it!

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

It is the first and only loco that I have attempted to programme with this recently purchased set-up. As the layout is very simple, I ignored the need for a special programming track (no other locos were on the layout).

I have managed to create a list for the loco and CV1 is currently the factory setting of 3 but I merely wish to update this to 01. Btw the loco is running quite happily as 10001 with a CV1 set to 3

Thanks

Guest Jack Benson
7 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

You use the Mode choice in the MultiMaus Menu to change from POM to CV, as described in the Multimaus manual

Thank you, I will have a go and report back.

TVM

That would appear to be it, though I was hoping for a bit more information as to how to connect to the programming track - seems that you don't, ergo does it mean that when the MultiMuas switches to programming track mode i.e. CV Mode that everything hanging off the unit becomes the programming track?

If this is the case then a DPDT switch is needed on the output to switch to a separate bit of track when programming or all locos on the track risk being programmed - specially when you cannot read anything to see what values are in the locos!!

Guest Jack Benson
2 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Thank you, I will have a go and report back.

TVM

OK, using the other available manual that I could find, the back of the manual lists the error codes and directed me to page 49. After reading it, more than once, I tried again to find 'mode' and it came up on handset as an alternative option to programming. I selected 'mode' - two options - CV and POM, chose CV and clicked OK.

Surprisingly it worked and I was able to change both the loco's CV1 to 01 but also the settings (presumably of the Multimaus handheld) and everything worked tickety boo.

Thank you to all, I was unaware that the factory default for my handheld was POM as previous MultiMaus systems were able to programme without setting the 'mode' option but we live and learn.

StaySafe

You should look up how to create a programming track for use with a single amplifier/booster/controller output using a  DPDT switch otherwise you need to remove all locos from the layout when you want to program a single loco.

Lot of examples here or on the internet.