Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Dewsbury Midland

w124bob

As promised weeks ago! A Fairburn tank, Low Moor 42141 complete with red smokebox number plate is in charge of a local passenger train. New to Saltley in 1950 it transfered to Normanton in 1952 and spent the rest of it's career in West Yorkshire, finally being withdrwan from Low Moor in 1967. The model has home made front steps from a lenght of signal ladder, Railtec did the numbers (incl smokebox) and there is a Modelu crew in there. Just fire irons to add to the watertank top, real coal and front buffere beam detail. 

Fairburn tank pic1.jpg

Fairburn tank pic4.jpg

Third image is from the Flickr album with more images, just click to sse the full

set.

Fairburn tank pic2

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken a couple of weeks to get this pair of retooled Bachmann class 20's to the point where I'm happy with their appearance. Both were Tinsley engines in the 70's, being given dual brakes around 1979 and along with 20144/145 were that depots only dual braked examples for a few years. Whilst the class made fairly regular visits to Healey Mills from either York or Sheffield, the class rarely crossed the Pennines even in later life. So I'm stretching things a bit here, but I have a soft spot for these venerable old engines.

20009 pic18.jpg

20035 pic5.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 10
  • Agree 1

For sometime 25321 was the only TOPS 25 on my fleet, however I've now renumbered for a second time another Heljan cl25 so 321 will be joined by 25323. Pictures coming soon. A second class 47 has also joined the TOPS fleet, pictures on the Bachmann retooled class 47 thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dug out some airbrake era stock, there are 6 more tank wagons on the bench awaiting renumbering. Not sure ESSO tanks were a common sight around West Yorkshire but they are the most common on Ebay at reasonable prices.

20221010_192214.jpg

20221010_191148.jpg

BDA pic1.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

When/where is the next exhibition appearance for Dewsbury Midland? One of my all time favourite layouts. Its been a long time since I saw it last. 
cheers, 

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2023 at 11:43, mabel said:

When/where is the next exhibition appearance for Dewsbury Midland? One of my all time favourite layouts. Its been a long time since I saw it last. 
cheers, 

Tony

We are hoping to have it out next year, the problem is the age of the operators and the state of their Backs! 

• Like 2