Sorry to bother 3D printer time

It does not do it everytime thankfully. Here are some LMS and LNER containers which were fine, though in fairness these had braces underneath the prototype which meant the corners were not in contact with the raft. Could it be a solution to lift the orint in the slicer a few mm and tell it add supports from the base plate? Might be worth a try. I have also uploaded shots of the 1 pig iron wagon to show the effect of even minimal support density on the planked floor when printing upside down.20230209_110014.jpg.3eca53092dcfbb7acf69ef918ccb737c.jpg20230225_114244.jpg.ab6ad91a7b04aa02a3e536c6e1fc0504.jpg20230224_092621.jpg.2de2562630680a01ddc7595710991cdb.jpg

Personally I'd be inclined to print the floors separately and superglue them in but overall I think you've achieved excellent results. BTW I'm not aware of Plusa Slicer's new tree supports being any better than Cura's. I think they're just playing catch-up (I believe it used to be other way around a few years ago when Prusa Slicer led the pack).

Thanks Paula. I will revisit the trees option in Cura. I had only seen the option for one single tree support but if multiple trees can be set up then that’s a different matter.  I hear what you are saying about separate floors. I have thought about effectively separating the body and chassis by dropping the print through the print bed floor in the slicer until just the body is showing. Print that on its own then reverse the procedure and turn the print upside down in the slicer until the top of the chassis is visible above the print bed to print that. I might giv tat a hot this week.

Tree supports are tree supports. You just choose them and Cura will apply them where they're needed. I also habitually set Support Placement to "Touching Buildplate" which stops Cure using any part of the model as the base for a support. This makes removing supports/cleaning up easier.