Norwood Sidings - another Inglenook.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice indeed, has a 'busy' atmosphere about it and I've always liked layouts with a dock or canal.

I totally agree with your earlier comments regarding the smaller plastic couplers - I just don't like them. All my stock has the older Hornby metal X171 couplers fitted. With the X171's being metal, I use one wagon as a height guide and slightly bend them all to match and they work perfectly.

I have a US inglenook but have decided to make a small British OO one and by coincidence the board I've made is 4' x 10". Just trying to decide whether to make it a country scene or an industrial one - may even include a small station as an excuse to run couple of 4-wheel coaches.

Also just bought my first static grass applicator and was very impressed at the results so I'm leaning towards the country setting as an excuse to use it.

Can I ask how those Pecketts run? They get good reviews for their running so may invest in one. Best runner I have at the moment is the Model Rail sentinel which is silky slow, perfect for shunting and just needs those tiny couplings changing.

Regards

Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The 0-4-0 was perfect straight out of the box but the 0-6-0 was a bit variable. Investigation showed that on one side 2 of the pickups were missing! Hornby sent me a new pickup plate (with all 6 pickups) without any question and now it runs really well.

Cheers

Don

Edited by Thorness
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...