RMweb

Hornby 08 problem

MikeParkin65

• RMweb Gold

Morning. I was wheel cleaning with my trusty Peco wheel brush  and scraper when this happened. Wasn’t pressing particularly hard and never had a similar event before. Is there anyway of telling whether it’s the crank that’s shifted or the wheel on the axle. My feeling is it’s the wheel in which case I guess replacement is the best option - presumably the plastic splines will have stripped. 

8320C09F-8D02-43CF-8FF0-9EF73E9F93F6.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

It looks like the wheel has slipped, as the counter weight on the middle wheel is out of line with the other two. If the crank had slipped the wheel weight would still be lined up.

HTH Rob

Edited by mezzoman253
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Apologies if this isn't strictly the correct place to post. I’m looking for some etched nameplates for my Freightliner Class 08’s (mix of Hornby and Bachmann)

Namely

08585 ‘Vicky’

08624 ‘Rambo’

08691 ‘Terri’

I’ve had a look on eBay and a quick google search but no success. Does anyone know if any of these have ever been available?

Thanks in advance.

17 hours ago, chris37422 said:

Apologies if this isn't strictly the correct place to post. I’m looking for some etched nameplates for my Freightliner Class 08’s (mix of Hornby and Bachmann)

Namely

08585 ‘Vicky’

08624 ‘Rambo’

08691 ‘Terri’

I’ve had a look on eBay and a quick google search but no success. Does anyone know if any of these have ever been available?

Thanks in advance.

If you can wait eight weeks, you could try having them custom made by Light Railway Stores.

• Like 1