Colour light signalling on BR(S)

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Just considering updating and relocating the layout theme to the Camberley-Ash Vale line in the early ‘50s

When was colour light signalling introduced to the Home Counties served by BR(S)?

Is the Eckon range of 4mm colour light signals suitable?

30EF55B1-39E8-40EE-8A77-523082435CE1.png.994e8c5bc6920c987ef4649ac1f71098.png

Thank you

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Jack Benson said:

Hi,

Just considering updating and relocating the layout theme to the Camberley-Ash Vale line in the early ‘50s

When was colour light signalling introduced to the Home Counties served by BR(S)?

Is the Eckon range of 4mm colour light signals suitable?

30EF55B1-39E8-40EE-8A77-523082435CE1.png.994e8c5bc6920c987ef4649ac1f71098.png

Thank you

I have a copy of the Middleton Press book 'Branch lines around Ascot', and from the dates of the photos of the Ascot to Ash Vale line in there, I would say the semaphores were still in use until at least the early 1970's, so definitely would be semaphore signals during your modelling period.

Guest Jack Benson
25 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

I have a copy of the Middleton Press book 'Branch lines around Ascot', and from the dates of the photos of the Ascot to Ash Vale line in there, I would say the semaphores were still in use until at least the early 1970's, so definitely would be semaphore signals during your modelling period.

Luckily,

I have a couple of Dapol SR semaphores in use.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Blackfriars 1926, I think. By 1930 Victoria, London Bridge, Charing Cross and Cannon St had all been resignalled.

Semaphores were still in use Ascot - Ash Vale until at least 1974, when Ascot box was abolished under the Feltham resignalling scheme. 

• Like 1