East Anglia resignalling 1984/85 information needed

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone have copies of the “yellow peril” resignalling plans for Ipswich when it was resignalled prior to the electrification in the 1980s that they are willing to share please? 

Thanks in advance. 

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
Typos

• Dagworth changed the title to East Anglia resignalling 1984/85 information needed
  • RMweb Gold

Mike has very helpfully provided me with the yellow peril for the resignalling of the station etc. which is superbly useful, but leads to a further question, when did Ipswich Yard signal box (the one next to London Road Bridge) get decommissioned? It is shown as still in use on the document but I remember it being used as a shunters cabin by 86/87 and all the semaphores at the north end of the yard had gone. 

Anyone know? 

Details of the replacement for the semaphore shunt pegs would also be really helpful. 

Andi

• RMweb Gold

Andi,

There is no yellow peril listed which covered any alteration to Ipswich Yard box between the one you already have and 1991.  That suggests to me that any alterations which took place would have only been covered in the weekly notice or possibly by something other than a full yellow peril and numbered ina separate series from them.