Sound for Class 47.

dave260457

Happy New Year to everyone here.

Can anyone advise me on what they would suggest I use in my new Heljan Class 47  ( 7 mm) Loco as there doesn't seem to be much info about on what people think of the various Sound Projects.

I look forward to reading any suggestions you may profer.

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium

Hi David 

I used the digitrains ZS47ASL sound on a Zimo MX699KS with a SP40X20X10 speaker and am quite happy with it all. I like the braking function and an happy with the sounds. 

I extended the fan wires and took out the underneath switch. The lighting wires are different colours at least. The pick up wires are red on one side and black on the other but the motor wires need to be red and black, if you see what I mean. The fan circuit board needed to be moved as it was directly above the decoder and contacted it when reassembled. 

The only hassle was bits falling off  the model…

1B68C2E0-C67B-4F7F-B53B-42C6034F686A.jpeg.59a0ee819ca63fdc8526d2ec15473c62.jpeg

Roger 

Some of the Class 47s and other models on Britains Biggest Model Railway at Wakefield recently were from Legomanbiffo, probably one of the more popular sound file producers and are readily available from stock complete with speakers.

See:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=228_60&product_id=2025