OO Boats

Hi,

I’ve been trying to find some boats to fill my Harbour / Basin Scene on my OO layout.

I’m looking for some medium sized pleasure craft, a ‘Cabin Cruiser’ type. However the only decent boats I can find in OO or HO are large fishing or Tug boats or are small dinghy and one man motor boats. The only suitable vessel being from Langley Models

Does anyone have any idea where I can get such a vessel?

Simon

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

I agree that there seems to be a shortage of suitable 00 scale boats.

https://premiershipmodels.co.uk/product/rainbow-yacht-scale-180-model-boat-kit-amati-1700-11/ is a 1:80 scale yacht, which might be suitable.  It's still quite big, so being slightly under scale probably isn't an issue, but it may not be quite what you want.

A model of Americas cup defender Rainbow, built 1934 scrapped 1940

Rainbow was a J class yacht, whilst the original was indeed scrapped in 1940, a replica was built in 2012 to join the 3 surviving J class yachts and  5 other new ones, they were not small averaging 130 ft in length and about 21ft of beam with a mast of about 160ft they are beautiful vessels on the water, suitable for any harbour from 1930 to present day so long as you have 20 ft of water in the harbour to get in and out. 

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, I did look at the Kibri kits (I already have their ‘Passenger Boat’ Kit), but they were too small in terms of the Vessel, where as the Artitec Ships are all too big. My Harbour Basin is only about 2ft x 2ft, but has a pair of large railway bridges over it, so I only need done medium sized Cabin Cruiser type Vessels.

I’ll have a look at the Scalescenes kits, as they are about the right size.

I had a look at the Langley Range, and their Cabin Cruiser is a vet good candidate, but I can see whether it is a White Metal or Resin kit, does anyone know?

Simon

Edited by St. Simon

• 2 weeks later...