Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Andy W modern image network rail stock, Colas 08-16 tamper, WCML and cheshire stock, Avanti Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

Avanti voyager respray of Bachmann class 221. Railtec Decals but been working with Micheal lomax on working destination panels in the cabs like his mk5 and buses. The 221 has very dark windscreens so I cut one out of clear plastic masked up a slot for the destination panel and used car headlight tint through a airbrush to tint it 

20230930_225659.jpg.a47779de80d1713e8823cfe31cb328ca.jpg20230930_225626.jpg.a52c78bf6e4b4e52f749af505265f6da.jpg20230930_225620.jpg.2d8424d61ba807bfc2f53290958d2f48.jpg

Edited by pteandy1402
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

7 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Looking good and can’t wait to see at gets in couple of weeks. Out of interest where did you get the tamper kit from? 

cheers Craig 

The tamper kit is from a guy that traded a clockwork ideas but he only made a limited run off them and then dropped off the radar, he had been talking about making another model of a ballast cleaner but from what I believe that has been parked and he is concentrating on a couple of pertussis commissions. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My respray of a Bachmann  class 221 into Avanti using Railtecs decals   Rilollets custom paint,  lifecolour weathering paints.  Micheal lomax  dogs the working screens and legomanbiffo provided the sound seen running on pete watermans making tracks 3.1 in Hornby magazines gets20231015_091146.jpg.b2d8c10248ad86bd25af39c63fafa4f1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

My Revolutiontrains Caroline coach with subtle weathering on the roof and underframe.  Passengers added and running with my complete respray of 37418 that I used precision paints, railtec Decals, fox transfers etched Nameplates and I thought I'd try something different with a esu sound file through a accurathrash speaker and esu sugarcube.

20231003_154854.jpg.4a1f1cfbf1a9a798340c4f7fdac0b0d8.jpgScreenshot_20231017_160227_Chrome.jpg.ce41cae20c67e6ee7701b8da3385895d.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

Some lovely projects there. Observed all 3 on making tracks on the Saturday. All looked great! 👌🏻

Thanks was nice to see them running, glad you enjoyed the show the 3x 805s I painted,  3x avanti voyagers I painted. The rhtt I resprayed the 56s into colas and weathered

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, pteandy1402 said:

My respray of a Hornby class 800 into avantis test livery of the class 805 for tests runs for being vinyled into three new livery. 

Screenshot_20231017_164241_Chrome.jpg.51861fdb520792b33893f9366db6c698.jpg

love the 805, I’ve asked railtec do to me some numbers for mine but I need to send some pics for a couple of extra livery elements first (the yellow hustle alarm stickers amongst other things)

one observation regards your repaint. You need an extra window at the first class end and no destination indicator at the outer end, one of the windows needs blanking out on the 4th coach back (I think it’s the shop and only on one side) 

IMG_0868.jpeg.6906cd29598327e4393614f4f3780c1c.jpeg

I cheated with mine and just painted the black window in place, I’ve yet to blank the other coach window as I need to get a perfect match for the existing Hornby finish as I used the test train coach pack on mine 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 minutes ago, big jim said:

love the 805, I’ve asked railtec do to me some numbers for mine but I need to send some pics for a couple of extra livery elements first (the yellow hustle alarm stickers amongst other things)

one observation regards your repaint. You need an extra window at the first class end and no destination indicator at the outer end, one of the windows needs blanking out on the 4th coach back (I think it’s the shop and only on one side) 

IMG_0868.jpeg.6906cd29598327e4393614f4f3780c1c.jpeg

I cheated with mine and just painted the black window in place, I’ve yet to blank the other coach window as I need to get a perfect match for the existing Hornby finish as I used the test train coach pack on mine 

Got a few bits I need to change or add as this was a rush job for the show. This was a respray of the sides as was in GWR to start. I did notice they only have 2 windows blacked on the power car and another window in another coach and the destination boards were wore at the blacked end but did this in just over a week start to finish and fitted the glazing Friday night before the show lol

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, pteandy1402 said:

Got a few bits I need to change or add as this was a rush job for the show. This was a respray of the sides as was in GWR to start. I did notice they only have 2 windows blacked on the power car and another window in another coach and the destination boards were wore at the blacked end but did this in just over a week start to finish and fitted the glazing Friday night before the show lol

I’ve told Steve at railtec that I’ll get some clear pics and sizes of the various smaller yellow stickers on the units next time I’m on them, he mentioned what was already done for your units so hopefully he can combine the elements he already has for yours with what I can get to do a definite 805 pack, (I’m leaving mine white anyway) 

as I used the test train pack for mine it’s only really one powercar that I need the elements for as that was a major t-cut job to removed the red ‘vinyls’ so the likes of the cant rail have been rubbed off,   the other powercar only needed the hitachi logo taking off and the centre cars didn’t have to be touched at all (apart from when i eventually change the numbers), im not confident/good enough to even think about doing a full respray!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, pteandy1402 said:

Making some progress on a updated Bachmann mpv with chrome water tank and 3d printed cage and brace. A mix of custom decals by precision labels for the blue band and railtec network rail logos. 

20231009_183303.jpg.f5a9d9a1d76b1ac03128410b63e4a582.jpg

if you want any detail shots of the MPV tanks or decals etc let me know or have a look at my work thread, plenty on there at the moment now RHTT season is in full swing! 
IMG_3036.jpeg

who does the 3D print tank and cage? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big jim said:

if you want any detail shots of the MPV tanks or decals etc let me know or have a look at my work thread, plenty on there at the moment now RHTT season is in full swing! 
IMG_3036.jpeg

who does the 3D print tank and cage? 

I drew them and a lad at the club printed them, mire photos would be great and a combined decal pack for the 805 would be amazing

• Like 2

Bit more work on the Bachmann mpv. Cage cleaned up and painted white. Brave painted network rail grey and the second track sprayed silver. Ak interactive chrome,  railtec network rail logos,  precision labels blue edge and 3d parts drew by me and printed by a lad at the club20231018_150120.jpg.8d466c90b5dbd370b1e79ef003fa0c8e.jpg20231018_150129.jpg.ec50e354c8e18d389bd0bc45eae118fb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

One thing when you do the lighting, if your going for the full compliment, the walkway lights above the cab door won’t illuminate on the move, the tank and module lights will stay on but if you leave the walkway light on you get an audible warning, fault light and a warning on the in cab screen to tell you they are on! 

All the years driving them I didn’t even notice the roof didn’t have the green on any more, time to repaint mine I recon

• Informative/Useful 1