“Trackers” on RMWeb

In the process of trying to sort our Router issues here, I’ve just stumbled across a feature of the new iOS (well, perhaps the feature isn’t new, but I’ve only just seen it!) where the operating system alerts me as to how many times it has prevented me from being ‘profiled’ and “tracked” by various parties. Some of the culprits are to be expected - Google, FaceBook and Twitter* for example - but what surprised me was the sheer number of these attempts to ‘data-mine’ me!

Why mention that here?

In the past 30 days, whilst browsing RMWeb, I have been subject to 74 attempts to profile and ‘track’ me!

Is this by any chance a bye-product of the rolling video advert pane that appears on every single page, which I have to close to be able to read the content?

On my lovely new iPad Pro, pages load quickly (although I have to dismiss the video each time) but I do wonder if all this ‘tracking’ going on behind the scenes is what has effectively killed off using my iPad4 to catch up on these pages?

As I am not particularly web savvy, I have no idea what these ‘trackers’ are up to, or the impact they have upon my browsing experience. Can anyone enlighten me? Better still, tell me how to stop the bu@@ers!!

Steve S