Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Vintage accessories identification

railroadbill

727527797_seatpic.jpg.2f67ab85f03e5700aaac2a42490e0abe.jpg

This oo diecast seat (with Merit WRAF sitting on it) goes back to early 1960s I think.

P1060822.JPG.fa0323d8765fc0d9687a78378588bd8b.JPG

It has "British made" cast underneath but no makers name.  I've got a couple of these. Any idea what they might be, please?  Think there were some similar seats among other accessories on another thread here, but I can't find it.

P1060823.JPG.8e082b0cb062cfca394938d0d19b33a2.JPG

P1060825.JPG.51b2ac6f3e56c11bdf95662344358c98.JPG

P1060824.JPG.b30e82f6e08b30c62dd6105a877d8c18.JPG

Also this operating yard crane.  Again it just has "British made" and "made in England " cast underneath, but no makers name.

Just a matter of interest as to who made this.  I did get some information on another forum some years ago but can't find my notes - Modelmaster (?)  comes to mind but I don't know anything about them.

Thanks for any info.

• Like 1

Thanks Moxy, just the job!   Having had a look at the link you provided,  I've recognised some signs and timetable boards (and bus stop) I've also got that are also Master model, so that's been useful as well.

[Found the seats and crane in the  catalogue extract linked to].

Edited by railroadbill

The Cole’s mobile crane seems fairly close to 0, roughly 1:48 I think, ditto the bulldozer/heavy tractor, and the electric platform trolley looks close too. 

Regarding Wardie, hasn’t a chap in the TCS created the ‘reference collection’ and written the history? Being a duffer, I can’t remember his name, but he was at the Leicester meeting selling-off BNIB duplicate models from his collection. They are really very nice models, so expressive of the period.

Ah, here we are, from the TCS visit report:

A74127E9-C84C-43C4-8EE5-68189DB3D0AB.jpeg

Edited by Nearholmer
  • Informative/Useful 3

10 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

The crane looks like the little brother of the Dinky Supertoys one, seen here about to commence a trial of strength against a Hornby one.

B8D27259-78A0-4766-9EAF-39E671FC7530.jpeg

Yes, the MasterModels crane was clearly inspired by the Dinky Goods Yard Crane.

Though the jib doesn’t luff. ;)

There is an earlier version of the Dinky crane, that doesn’t have the steps in the base. We have that one.  

• Informative/Useful 2

There's a list of Dinky scales somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. They are all imperial (00 is 5/32" = 1' for instance). 1/4" = 1' is rather small for 0 scale (unless you are American of course).

The Dinky buses and Dublo Dinkies are 5/32", as are the trains AFAIK, not that it makes much difference for a toy.

EDIT

Bingo!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2