What happened to the Nine Lines and Colin Ashby OO9 kits?

JZ

As it says in the subject.

When I was involved with OO9, many years ago, long before RMweb, I had quite a few models from the above manufacturers. I still have most of the Colin Ashby coal wagons, but many of the Nine Lines kits I let go. I still have 3 L&B bogie vans, but the bogie open has been converted to HOn3, though not that difficult to convert back. They also did some Welshpool & Llanfair stuff. but what I had was moved on. Now I'm planning a small OO9 layout, I would quite like a brake van and the W&L one would do nicely, but Nine Lines seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know if the moulds for NL and Colin Ashby were taken on by anyone else? The CA coal wagons were particularly nice.

• RMweb Premium

Ninelines kits are not available at the moment.  I believe there are some interested parties trying to acquire the moulds, but nothing definite yet.

The Colin Ashby open wagon kit is available from the 009 Society, but as far as I know, that is the only one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JZ said:

As it says in the subject.

When I was involved with OO9, many years ago, long before RMweb, I had quite a few models from the above manufacturers. I still have most of the Colin Ashby coal wagons, but many of the Nine Lines kits I let go. I still have 3 L&B bogie vans, but the bogie open has been converted to HOn3, though not that difficult to convert back. They also did some Welshpool & Llanfair stuff. but what I had was moved on. Now I'm planning a small OO9 layout, I would quite like a brake van and the W&L one would do nicely, but Nine Lines seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know if the moulds for NL and Colin Ashby were taken on by anyone else? The CA coal wagons were particularly nice.

Some years ago I was talking to a trader at the Telford Narrow Gauge Show (he sold me 13 Colin Ashby 009 three-plank (?) coal wagons - to add to those I bought new back in the early 1980s, for 80p a kit - with wheels! Became my standard 009 open wagon), he told me that the original metal mould for this wagon had deteriorated to such an extent as to be unusable; that Colin Ashby, requiring some of these wagons for a project of his own, had been seeking someone to cast him resin wagons using one of his wagons as a master.  

• Informative/Useful 1

• 7 months later...