Site is so slow making it almost unusable

One of the nice things about forums is the way you can digest huge swathes of information from the contributors. Not so this site. The constant ad bombardment hogs the bandwith (even on a 1gbps pipe) and makes each page tiresomely slow to load. Basically I'm saying that I would previously spend hours on here being inspired and hoovering up advice. Now I come for a few specifics and depart, any new content dismissed because of the loading times. 

I've just counted a page load time of over 90s. In that time there was one huge targetted ad which had to be manually closed and a permanent annoyance in the corner which scrolled through inane contact on 5 loops before I got to my message. It's 2022 and this is not good. Selling out to some advertisers that hog your space is an extremely shortsighted move. 

Have you not studied the demographics of sites (non commercial) with ad bombardment? It's a major turnoff. 

Enjoy your revenue because it's killing your user base and they only want your traffic, when they go It'll be time to switch off the hosting

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators

There have been sporadic issues discussed with the hosting over the last 36 hours.

The rest of your post just comes across as an unpleasant, out of working hours, whinge disregarding that real people run the site. It needs paying for, simple.

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators

Ironically I note that someone who pressed agree on your post hasn't been slow to try to use the site for their own commercial benefit without paying anything.

• Friendly/supportive 3