Loksound v4 fault changes Cv29 when address altered

Phil Mackin

Strange one for me but someone more knowledgeable might know why. 

Got a Heljan class 76 with I think Olivias sounds on a loksound v4. 

When I carry out a factory reset or an address change it alters Cv29 to a value of 46 and stops working.

I'm using a Z21 black as a controller. 

Not a huge issue but initially I thought the decoder had blown when it stopped working completely. I can alter cv29 to 6 and it spring back into life.

Thanks in advance 

• RMweb Premium

I could understand that a (decoder) reset would change the value of CV29 basically because its been told to reset.

Likewise (possibly) the value of CV29 would need to change if you are changing from using a short address to a long address. I don't know what the default for loco address is although I'd guess that as the address defaults to 3 (a short address), changing to a long address will I believe have to alter CV29.

The default address appears to be a long address of 4 digits not 3

Whenever I reset CV8 to the value 8 it changes the address to a long address. 

Very strange 

It may be the way that the decoder was set up when the sound file was installed? Could that be done 

Thanks for your help 

• RMweb Premium

CV 29 setting of 46 equates to 28 Speed Steps, Analogue (DC) Mode enabled, Railcom enabled (?) & Long Address.

I think our NCE kit seems to differentiate between a Short Address of 3 and a Long Address of the same number i.e. 003, but I may be mistaken as I was tinkering with a loco with a new decoder the other day and that had a CV29 value of 46.