model rail 145

Dan Griffin

Hi All

I do not know what is going on with model rail; the two shops I used to get my copies from have stopped selling it!, and now I have to go in to Barnstaple to get a copy form smiths, look like I will have to subscribe to the mag to get it.

So far I have missed the last to months, as smiths only seem to hold a very small amount of the mag in stock.

All the best

Darren

I was about to suggest asking Smiths to reserve you a copy, but then that's just an expensive version of subscribing. It's strange though that they don't carry enough copies - the WH Smiths in Bolton (and Bury too for that matter - I was in there yesterday) never seem to run out, though it gets down to the last couple of copies by the end of the month. It may be worth politely asking at your local branch if they wouldn't mind ordering more copies to cope with demand.

Just picked up my June copy today. Following George Dent's article starting on page 44 titled " Shed Bashing" I was wondering if anyone still had a copy of Model Rail from August 2000. Darren sherwood-Jones built the orginal Shed Scene. I would also like know if/when the MR total Test Facility appeared.

Regards

Johna

Archived