The APT-E project comes to life

I'm glad you posted that Bruce, it reminded me that I ought to add some more comments on the vehicles that I knew that are listed there.

LOADS of stuff mind you, it'd take an age to check out every single pic there.   :O

• 2 weeks later...

What Shane omitted to mention was that he actually ASSEMBLED the bogie bits during DEMU Showcase as well, I watched him do it.  :D

That looks totally awesome, and so VERY familiar too.............. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After Showcase I put some 10.5mm wheels in the bogies and made it look a bit more finished. Still a long way to go yet as these wont be the bogies I'll be using just yet.

27695189405_9e6264b756_c.jpgS3230004 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

27082705134_1b75e0ef26_c.jpgS3230002 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

Shane,

You really must recoup some of your time and investment by making these available as a kit. They are stunning. You have order No.1 here already.  :yes:

• 1 month later...

Thanks Shreds

I still have to finish off the CAD drawings for the cabin and other bits and pieces then put it all together, along with the bogies, hopefully before too long. I'll get there eventually!

cheers

Shane

• 1 month later...

CAD work is almost completed and ready to be sent away for etching then its onto the test build to sort out any design issues. The bogies will be fun as they are the original SA type and come as several components, much like the real thing. Then I need to make it tilt! Thinking about servo's for this but being a mostly open framework, its going to be a challenge to make the mechanism discrete, but I have an idea!

cheers

Shane

Archived