Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Peter Fowler - Caistor Loco

RANGERS

Paid a visit to the Caistor Loco shop  today and was shocked to learn that proprietor Peter Fowler passed away on Dec 25th at the age of 75. It had been announced previously on Facebook but not being a  user, the sad news had bypassed me.

I’m not sure if 3-4 visits a year counted me as a regular customer but a visit was always a pleasure to discuss with him the latest new releases or what the manufacturers were missing by not producing X, Y or Z, and invariably cost me more than I was planning to spend.

Peter’s knowledge of model railways was substantial and his enthusiasm for the hobby infectious, he will be greatly missed.

My thoughts are with the family at this sad time but I understand there are no plans to close the shop.

RIP Peter

• Friendly/supportive 5

Thats  very sad news, I enjoyed visiting Caistor Loco  to talk models with Pete, buy stuff and talk about the old days on BR, him being a KX man and me being a WR man from 84C we had some great discussions!  We both agreed Austerties were not of the best!

The hobby has lost a very passionate supporter.

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was shocked when I read this on FB. Pete was always so pleasant and very helpful at both the shop and the shows he attended. He had an incredible amount of stuff in a small shop and it was always a great experience browsing around. It was certainly one of the top model railway shops to visit. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family.

I look forward to being able to conntinue to support the shop in future.

• Agree 1