Paints for NPZ colour scheme

Frutigen

• RMweb Premium

I'm thinking of assembling a BDt driving trailer in N gauge to go with the rake of Arnold NPZ coaches that I've had for a while. Gordonwis has pointed me in the direction of OL.D Modeles for a 3D-printed body shell, and I have a spare Lima EWII coach to provide the chassis and seating. I'm now trying to track down the correct paints for the NPZ livery or, more precisely, to match the shades of the Arnold coaches.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct paints to use for this model? Along with the blue, light grey, yellow and roof grey I'll also need the red for the cab end.

Keith

Edited by Frutigen
  • Like 1

Hello Keith

Modellbaustudio Born offers a range of water-soluble paints:

https://www.modellbaustudio.ch/Flyers/Flyer_Modellfarben_1.pdf

As I see it, Blue would be RAL 5013, Yellow RAL 1004, Red (possibly) RAL 3000, lower bodyside Grey NCS 2000. Depending on your Arnold models you may need to adjust the tone of one or more colours.

Best regards

Christian

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

Does anyone know who makes transfers for Swiss models?

Good point, I might well be needing that info, too.

I’ve ordered my body shell and I’m now weighing up airbrush options as I only have a battered old badger that may or may not still work. If I get this build finished it will be interesting to compare the total cost with that of a ready made Piko or Wabu model, assuming one ever came up for sale. 

15 hours ago, Frutigen said:

If I get this build finished it will be interesting to compare the total cost with that of a ready made Piko or Wabu model, assuming one ever came up for sale. 

I took it that nearly my OL.D totalled about 1/5 (if not less) of the cost of a hypothetical Piko separate Driving trailer