Hornby Merchant Navy Class (Rebuilt) - Cabside numbers

Bulleidboy100

I have used Modelmaster Jackson-Evans in the past, but today looked at Fox Transfers. The M/N cabside numbers come in two sizes - 8" (2.7mm high) which it says are suitable for some ready to run models and 10" (3.33mm high) which are prototypically correct. They are not expensive, so I could buy both sets, but despite what Fox say, which looks best?

Edited by Bulleidboy100
amendment

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

I have used Modelmaster Jackson-Evans in the past, but today looked at Fox Transfers. The M/N cabside numbers come in two sizes - 8" (2.7mm high) which it says are suitable for some ready to run models and 10" (3.33mm high) which are prototypically correct. They are not expensive, so I could by both sets, but despite what Fox say, which looks best?

You can use either, however choose your chosen Prototype wisely, as they can vary on the size. the 10" ones are pretty much spot on (though some moan at the spacing).

Many thanks - I might buy both sizes anyway. I have used MJ-E in the past as they come with the green background, which obviously makes the job a lot easier. I am not sure whether they have improved but there were horrendous delays on orders from MJ-E.

Edited by Bulleidboy100
amendment

• RMweb Gold

I used Fox Transfers sheet FRH4008 which has 8,9 and 10mm sizes; think it was the 9mm which was selected for an unrebuilt “West Country”.

(please see attached iPhone photo).

The sheet actually states the 8/9mm for BR SR and the 10mm for ER.

83257575_UntitledCopy.jpeg.9521bc2a43ce1d6bebe068de2bcf1411.jpeg

Edited by Right Away
correction