RMweb

RNA (cut down HEA) wagon livery

benzino

Hi everyone, just looking for confirmation for the colour scheme on the RNA wagons in coal sector livery. Were they railfreight grey with yellow ends or olive like one or two of the uncut former HEA's? (Im colourblind which doesnt help with looking at paul bartletts site! lol I cant find written confirmation)  Thanks

15 hours ago, benzino said:

Hi everyone, just looking for confirmation for the colour scheme on the RNA wagons in coal sector livery. Were they railfreight grey with yellow ends or olive like one or two of the uncut former HEA's? (Im colourblind which doesnt help with looking at paul bartletts site! lol I cant find written confirmation)  Thanks

Having modified a Bachmann 7mm HEA to an RNA as far as I can tell the chassis were black with the remaining body in railfreight grey with the sloped ends yellow. Whether they were all like that I can't be 100% sure as they became pretty grimy quite quickly and there aren't that many photos out there of them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, benzino said:

Yes the ones I managed to find (rare animals for me) were railfreight grey side and yellow end. This one is interesting as neither the grey or yellow are as noticeable as the VEA behind - I think the yellow is very dirty. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brrna/efa55b88  Taken on the day out I took when we were on holiday in the Lake District. 

Paul

• Like 2

Thanks guys! I think the grimyness of them made it harder to determine the actual colour. I just dug one out I made years ago, not sure what colour I used but with copious frame and roof dirt it matches the Hornby CAR brake van. I have two more to make though (Although after spending a good while waiting for cheap / badly painted HEAS to turn up, I see the 3d printed ones now available on ebay :D)

20220228_200009[1].jpg

• Like 1