Hornby B1 bogie retaining nut

spikey

When I took my new Hornby R3451 Thompson B1 "Stembok" out the box, nothing dropped off.  After running it in, the bogie dropped off when I lifted it from the track, so the retaining nut (lf that's what it was) must have dropped off.  A thorough search for it was in vain, and an email to Hornby asking if they'd be kind enough to send me a replacement didn't even get me the courtesy of an acknowledgement.

Can anybody please tell me what thread the nut is or what part number I need to get in order to rectify matters?

Thank you sir.  I rather fancy that the B1 needs a nut rather than a screw, but I shall take a look later ...

ETA - Oh happy day.  I have just now had an email from Margate saying that my request has been passed to the warehouse and if they've got the necessary, it will be sent to me in due course :)

Edited by spikey
A thrilling update

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, spikey said:

Thank you sir.  I rather fancy that the B1 needs a nut rather than a screw, but I shall take a look later ...

ETA - Oh happy day.  I have just now had an email from Margate saying that my request has been passed to the warehouse and if they've got the necessary, it will be sent to me in due course :)

That’s good news. The screw from Wizard does come complete with nut should you ever need one :)

• Like 1

Hornby have a horrible habit of securing bogies ultra cheaply whilst charging too much for the lack of quality with a piece of plastic forced onto the upwards peg of the bogie. Does the B1 actually have a thread on the bogies fixing section ? I had the same issue on a Schools and resolved it by forcing a suitably sized nut to self thread itself in place,.

Edited by Butler Henderson