Replacing Dapol Wagon Couplers

Can anyone advise me on the name and type of the Dapol couplers I need to replace the broken ones on a oo gauge wagon (see photos). The Hornby ones I have have prongs that are too wide (splayed and inflexible) to fit.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

dapol couplers 2.jpg

dapol couplers.jpg

Dapol sell a pack of 40 replacement couplers including the NEM pockets (COUPNEMOO). Over £20 per pack.

I have modified my Dapol couplers to stop them drooping and the annoying hooks dropping out.

I am also completely replacing some of them with Hornby ones. Plus Hornby wheels in many cases to get rid of the wobbly wheel issue.

58 minutes ago, wasdavetheroad said:

Dapol sell a pack of 40 replacement couplers including the NEM pockets (COUPNEMOO). Over £20 per pack.

I have modified my Dapol couplers to stop them drooping and the annoying hooks dropping out.

I am also completely replacing some of them with Hornby ones. Plus Hornby wheels in many cases to get rid of the wobbly wheel issue.

Thanks but that's too much to pay for two couplers, which is all I need at the moment. I can't get my Hornby ones to fit, do you have any idea on how to do that.

• RMweb Gold

Hornby's prongs should fit an NEM standard pocket, as should any coupling with NEM prongs, but different makes use different materials and it may be that the Hornby couplings are a stiffer plastic.  It can be a bit fiddly to get the prongs both to engage in the box at the same time.  Try squeezing them together with a pair of long nose pliers, or even a long nose pair of pliers, and release them once the nobbles are safely inside the box; you should then be able to push them through until the nobbles click out into a fixed position at the back of the box.  Hold the box steady with another pair of pliers while you do this, as you do not want to put stress on the waggler.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Hornby's prongs should fit an NEM standard pocket, as should any coupling with NEM prongs, but different makes use different materials and it may be that the Hornby couplings are a stiffer plastic.  It can be a bit fiddly to get the prongs both to engage in the box at the same time.  Try squeezing them together with a pair of long nose pliers, or even a long nose pair of pliers, and release them once the nobbles are safely inside the box; you should then be able to push them through until the nobbles click out into a fixed position at the back of the box.  Hold the box steady with another pair of pliers while you do this, as you do not want to put stress on the waggler.

Spot on, I just tried to insert a Hornby coupling into a Dapol pocket. It fits but you have to push until it clicks into place

NEM.jpg