Replacing 'lost' attachment images

• RMweb Premium

From what Andy has said on other topics, older photos may reappear over the next few days as it's taking a long time to process the volume. However the more recent photos have gone for good as the back up also crashed and could not be recovered. I expect that it is up to you if you want to go back and replace the photos - I assume this will be one by one.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

If you look at your old postings and can't see the image, then it's lost.

Sorry that's not correct.

As Mike said above, some old images are still being indexed and have not yet appeared but they will (should) in time.

For instance, look at the first page of Little Muddle. Those images are currently missing but they should come back.

I would just wait for things to settle down for a few days before starting the tedious process of replacing images.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

If you look at your old postings and can't see the image, then it's lost.

I have a placeholder with the filename of the missing image, such as https://www.rmweb.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2022_03/2082639860_ExtrusionffromaCanvas.jpg.17bcbd61ca9ace7dd557109520779d9a.jpg

which is currently blank.  The intention of my OP was to ask whether there is any way of directly replacing these links with images from my computer without having to open each post individually n then insert eah image into its correct location within the post.

• Like 1