Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

[Ukraine fundraiser] BR 132: not just another blue and yellow diesel

• RMweb Premium
On 02/06/2022 at 18:41, readingtype said:

Proof approved. We're in the hands of the mug printer!

I must stop referring to 'mug printers' -- they are not printing the mugs. They are hand-decorating them.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Steve O. said:

Hi, just found this thread... how do I order? (couldn't find a link, sorry). Cheers, Steve.

I'm working on a web page to collect orders. I'll post details here as soon as I can.

Also I am hoping that I will have mugs to sell at the German Railway Society show, Globalrail, in Didcot next Saturday (18 June). Note this is a MAYBE as I don't have a delivery date yet.

Regardless, everyone should come to the show which should be a gem. Globalrail 2022 full details. Disclosure: I'm a GRS committee member!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

It's really encouraging to hear (and see) these orders. Thank you.

Good news from the mug decorators: this evening I heard they should be able to deliver the mugs by the end of the week. In which case I will be bringing stock to Globalrail on Saturday for sale (see above). On the strength of that possibility, I have just ordered a pull-up banner to act as a good clear advert on the day.

Even better, my colleagues in the GRS have agreed to take payment for the mugs on my behalf electronically.

So: here's hoping for banners, mugs and a good turnout on Saturday.

Oh, and the mailing boxes arrived today so postal orders are not neglected.

Ben

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, readingtype said:

What was the other thing?

Answering my own question, I just heard that the last of the mugs are going to be fired tonight.

Ben

Edited by readingtype

• RMweb Premium

Righto. Busy weekend with Globalrail on Saturday and the rest of life today. Here are photos of the finished mug.

mug_text_side_Medium.jpg

mug_loco_side_Medium.jpg

Edited by readingtype
Uploading photos seems to double up
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• readingtype changed the title to [Ukraine fundraiser] BR 132: not just another blue and yellow diesel

Hi Ben,

Just a brief note to say that my mug arrived safely this morning!

Thank you very much indeed for doing this, it’s a great mug, exactly as you pictured above and it feels really nice in the hand. I don’t know if I’ll ever use it as a drinking vessel or just for display, it’s just nice to try and help.

Best regards,

John

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks very much indeed for the delivery reports! Glad you like them. Would suggest you drink from them frequently, taking due note of course that the contents may be hot.

In other significant news I have just made the first donation of £230, the funds raised so far from sales of the mug. As advertised this has been given to the Help Ukraine Emergency Appeal. Thanks to all who've supported this so far.

Ben

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 4