Bossington

Rob McM

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just found this topic.

I remember Bossington from a model railway exhibition in Bedford either at the Corn Exchange or at Mander College  around 1977 I think. I was in my late 20`s.

Also at the same exhibition was Barry Norman and his Wyndlesham Cove layout.

I ventured into EM gauge for a short period following the exhibition.

Although the name Bossington had eluded me,  all these years, until I came across the recent article about the layout in October 2021 RM magazine.

But the memory of a layout with perfect running to  a taped commentary with working signals has stayed with me since then. I even remember commending Mr Eden  on his fine layout and stayed watching it for it`s whole sequence and a few more times before I went home.. It has always been an ambition to emulate such a GWR layout  but it has taken me all these years of railway modelling in many gauges to almost get there aged 71 !! Although I hav`nt attempted a recording !!! yet !

John

• 1 month later...

Just come across this post and I remember the exhibition in Bedford  in 1977  our club exhibited a layout as we were good friends with members of the Bedford club .My club back then was the Risboro and District we enjoyed our modeling and visited many shows.

• Like 1