Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bossington

Rob McM

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just found this topic.

I remember Bossington from a model railway exhibition in Bedford either at the Corn Exchange or at Mander College  around 1977 I think. I was in my late 20`s.

Also at the same exhibition was Barry Norman and his Wyndlesham Cove layout.

I ventured into EM gauge for a short period following the exhibition.

Although the name Bossington had eluded me,  all these years, until I came across the recent article about the layout in October 2021 RM magazine.

But the memory of a layout with perfect running to  a taped commentary with working signals has stayed with me since then. I even remember commending Mr Eden  on his fine layout and stayed watching it for it`s whole sequence and a few more times before I went home.. It has always been an ambition to emulate such a GWR layout  but it has taken me all these years of railway modelling in many gauges to almost get there aged 71 !! Although I hav`nt attempted a recording !!! yet !

John

• 1 month later...

Just come across this post and I remember the exhibition in Bedford  in 1977  our club exhibited a layout as we were good friends with members of the Bedford club .My club back then was the Risboro and District we enjoyed our modeling and visited many shows.

• Like 1