Default value Zimo CV #124?

WIMorrison

I would like to know the correct default value for CV#124 because the Zimo manuals conflict with this manual MX-KleineDecoder.pdf (zimo.at) (and the English translation Operating Instructions (zimo.at)) of the Operating Instructions saying zero (0) however the Zimo CV List (zimo.at) states it is three (3) - clearly very different!

Does anyone know what the correct default value is?

Thanks

Three approaches: 

a) use a new decoder, or one you've reset, and read it. 

b) use the German manuals, which seem to say zero. 

c) email Zimo tech support and ask them. 

I suspect the manual you have found which says "3" is incorrect (its dated 2014, and the more up to date German version of the same document says "0"), but I've only looked at (b). 

And given it sets a behaviour, the default hardly matters; set it to the value appropriate for your loco and its control. 

- Nigel

Nigel,

Therein lies the problem. I am trying to help a chap remotely, and he says that CV#124 is 3, but the latest Zimo docs say it should be 0. I have just updated the firmware on a MX618 decoder from 39.x to 40.5 and the default value for #124 is ????

It is 3!!! - which suggests that the latest current Zimo manuals (in German and English) are incorrect - or the default values are incorrect, but clearly something is wrong.

I guess it needs to be a mail to Herr Hubinger to get the correct value :(

I have an answer from Zimo.

Essentially both values 0 and 3, can be correct depending on the value used when resetting the decoder using CV8 (with Zimo there are multiple values which all do something slightly different).

Zimo are aware on the inconsistencies within the manuals with CV values described and they are producing a new set of manuals that will have the errors corrected within the next couple of months with new manuals being issued.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, RobinofLoxley said:

Heavens, I thought CV8 was just to be set to zero with no other use.

Yes, there are lots of different values that can be used on Zimo decoders but the NMRA standard CV8 = 8 is used to reset a non-sound decoder or a sound project and decoder back to the default sound project values. This is what should be used if it is a factory fitted Zimo decoder.

I find that CV8 = 17 gives me a very good start for Roco locos which I then tweak for speed and acceleration, but it was designed by Zimo for Roco 😉

The other values available should be used with care and assume a good knowledge of what you are doing.