Unable to access forum area

Just in case it helps anyone I had exactly the same problems. Accessing it on safari via my iPhone and couldn’t get into prototype discussions or layout topics. 
I’ve just cleared cookies (before booking flights!) and it’s all working fine now

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

So are the issues still seem to be ongoing for a select few members on a select few topics, or does anyone who has had the issues have access to all the topics again whilst you are logged in?

Just wondering, as I still can don't seem to be able to access the select few topics that I once used to read most nights!

Many thanks

Ian

Hi,

Haven’t been able to read the layout topics for a long time now despite trying lots of clearing out rebooting etc.

however, if there is a topic headlined next to the group (i.e. the latest item added) i can load that particular topic ok.

Well and truly baffled me, but then the grey cells are in rapid decline anyway. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just cleared cookies again for the first time in a couple of weeks, then went into Layout Topics without logging in. Obviously that works fine, so I thought I'd log in again, and rather than it coming up with http code 500 error like before, it went straight back in. I can now access all the sections that were previously causing problems too. Very weird! Good to have full access to the forum though after a couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Well,due to one thing and another, I've not been on RMWeb properly for a while, but last night I looked back in and I seem to be able to get back into everything. I'm not sure what has changed, but I'm not going to knock it.

Kind regards

Ian 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, 11B said:

I'm not sure what has changed, but I'm not going to knock it.

On 22/07/2022 at 11:30, happyflyer said:

Cleared my cookies and viewing history a few weeks ago, the missing forums rtn, and so far are still viewable 

It's that. Further browser updates may have eventually cleared the local issue.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Same problems here. Currently can’t access Layout Topics, Musings & Miscellany and Wheeltappers, on either my iPad (blank screen, no message) or my new PC (Error 500 messages). Stuff I follow on these forums can still be accessed via email links so must be bypassing whatever’s causing the problem.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/09/2022 at 09:02, Colin said:

Same problems here. Currently can’t access Layout Topics, Musings & Miscellany and Wheeltappers, on either my iPad (blank screen, no message) or my new PC (Error 500 messages). Stuff I follow on these forums can still be accessed via email links so must be bypassing whatever’s causing the problem.

Interestingly I see the same forums affected (possibly with others as I haven't done a complete check!).  Individual threads are accessible from the New Content and Notifications lists too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've cleared all cookies, history on chrome and Samsung Internet browser and reinstalled Firefox to no avail. I have taken to browsing the forum not signed in and I can see much more, but obviously you can't see the wheeltappers section unless you are signed in and when you tap on the heading it just says this community is temporarily unavailable try again, been like that since, at a guess, late July.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have just moved home, during which time my router was unplugged for over 48 hours (no internet connection at all) - same problems persist with the same areas on both my iPad and my almost new PC.

Might it be worth my opening a complete new RMWeb account?

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Colin said:

Might it be worth my opening a complete new RMWeb account?

A bit drastic Colin; could you just test it on another browser please?

I've been forced to take the day off from my family chores, looking after two elderly parents. The kitchen ceiling partially collapsed after a pipe leaked. I been removing more of the ceiling to make it safe and have been on RM web more than usual during the day, literally waiting for the dust to settle. Twice I have had the message, 'This community is temporarily unavailable', from different threads, along with a message about server problems.

I just thought I would let you know in case it is a problem other than just heavy traffic.

• Moderators

I need one guinea pig (at first), just stick your hand up and tell me which forum area you have a problem accessing, which browser you have and which OS you have.

I need to then look at a couple of things and reset to a temporary password I will PM to you before I do anything so you can subsequently get back in.

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I need one guinea pig (at first), just stick your hand up and tell me which forum area you have a problem accessing, which browser you have and which OS you have.

I need to then look at a couple of things and reset to a temporary password I will PM to you before I do anything so you can subsequently get back in.

Hand up. Chrome browser on Android.  Errors are currently

Layout topics, Modelling musings, UK prototype discussions - HTTP 500

wheeltappers - Community temporarily unavailable

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2022 at 13:49, 11B said:

So... A little update

I have tried to access the UK Prototype discussion from the works computer (NHS) during my break today. It makes no difference, without logging in it's fine, but as soon as I login, it kicks me out!

I have tried everything that everyone on here has said to try, but nothing seems to help. I seems to be when I log in an issue is created...

So thanks for the help so far, and fingers crossed that Andy and the IT guy's can find a fix.

Many thanks

Ian

Exactly the same problem for me.  Can access UK prototype discussions when not signed in, as soon as I sign in, the unable to load message.  Android phone.  Will read rest of this thread to see if it sheds any light on solutions.

Hi,

So last time I posted in here all seemed to be fix... Sadly not...

I can access everything using my android phone and Google browser. But if I try with either my laptop or tablet (both running on latest windows editions) I can't get on any of the topics I listed some posts back. It doesn't seem to matter which browser I use with windows either (Microsoft Edge, or Google Chrome)

Andy, I'll put my hand up to help.

Many thanks Ian 

• RMweb Premium
On 31/10/2022 at 18:45, MartinRS said:

Twice I have had the message, 'This community is temporarily unavailable', from different threads, along with a message about server problems.

Andy @AY Mod will already be aware that I too have randomly seen this of late.  It doesn't seem to relate to the topic or area being requested.  It might relate to server load / performance.  There is also an issue - again occasionally at random - whereby I cannot "rate" a post as I wish; the only option which works is "Like".  All others generate the message "There was a problem rating this post" on the blue screen.  

Currently browsing on an iPhone 11 via iOS 15.6.1 and a Mac running macOS 12.6 through Safari 16.0

• Agree 1