DRS Auction of "Heritage Fleet" 37s and 57s

For anyone interested in a bargain - analogue control, full sound, and realistic smoke/clag.

May make a mess of your loft.

https://www.directrailservices.com/heritage-fleet-sale-continues-2/

From the website:

"The third tranche of Direct Rail Services’ (DRS) heritage stock is now available for sale.

This sale will see four Class 37 and two Class 57 locomotives available to buy through a competitive online bidding process.

Locomotives 37038, 37059, 37259, 37409, 57003, 57007 are all offered as part of the sale and an opportunity to view the engines will be made as part of the tendering process."

Any idea what condition these are all in? 

Edited by Nova Scotian
Pressed enter too soon
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Do they run on P4 or EM gauge?

I am not sure if any of that lot for sale run at all, 038 donated it's bogies to get another one running so the current set will no doubt be knackered...

Wonder if when they sell 069 it will find a home in preservation being the first built RSH one and had previously been the subject of a preservation attempt before DRS got it...

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, 37114 said:

I am not sure if any of that lot for sale run at all, 038 donated it's bogies to get another one running so the current set will no doubt be knackered...

Wonder if when they sell 069 it will find a home in preservation being the first built RSH one and had previously been the subject of a preservation attempt before DRS got it...

I would like to see it preserved even though it would be virtually impossible to restore it to original condition.  It also is haunted by a friendly ghost 

3 hours ago, russ p said:

I would like to see it preserved even though it would be virtually impossible to restore it to original condition.  It also is haunted by a friendly ghost 

Yep, I have heard the ghost story before about that one. To rebuild the noses is a big job and from recollection the DRS 37's that were early overhauls/fitted with WIPAC lights were given modified drivers desks etc as well.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 37114 said:

Yep, I have heard the ghost story before about that one. To rebuild the noses is a big job and from recollection the DRS 37's that were early overhauls/fitted with WIPAC lights were given modified drivers desks etc as well.

They were,  cabs are completely different 

• Like 1

And the winners are (sorry, will be) LSL, HNRC, Ron Hull and a private owner as per the last two sales. No great surprises here and I guess all rail movements will be via Crewe