Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Cheap Days Over

• RMweb Gold

Eek!:O I hadn't looked at the Bachmann Products page recently, slightly smugly feeling that I don't need any new locos for now.

Richard

I've just looked at the Bachmann accessories page and I'm glad I stocked up with assorted wheels and couplings a while ago when they were going scarce. New prices are double what I paid then.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this; no, I'm not wealthy, but the standard of living in China has been appalling for some centuries now. It's about time the workers there got the benefit of their revolution - first, a return to self-governance by the Chinese people (1911) and second, at the same time, an end to their awful strangling, retarding past politics (though in some ways the baby went out with the bath water - but if you studied their social and political history it is easy to understand why).

The Chinese still call their country Tian Xia - this is usually rendered into English as '(All) Under Heaven' or 'Below Heaven', I'm not convinced that it isn't meant to be 'Heaven Below' (actually reflecting the mistaken Confucian belief that the Imperial system reflected that of Heaven). Now, no country is ever likely to get a chance to be that in the world as it is - but let's celebrate our fellow workers in China getting that little bit closer. They've waited long enough.

• 1 month later...

Archived