Proto 2000 Replacement Gears - Anyone in UK Have Any in Stock???

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Cracked gears, the Achilles heel of the otherwise excellent Proto 2000 locos rears their ugly head once again!!!

Walthers do replacements wheels with gears, Athearn 60024 and A-Line 40005 replacement gears will also work but I cannot find anyone in the UK who has any.  All I can find is US based sellers who want £20+ postage!!!!  I can get the Walthers wheelsets through Gaugemaster but the last time I did that it was over six months before they arrived and I have three GP's proverbially up on bricks at the moment.

Any ideas?  Are there Hornby gears that will work that could be adapted for example?

Edited by John M Upton

3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I can get the Walthers wheelsets through Gaugemaster but the last time I did that it was over six months before they arrived and I have three GP's proverbially up on bricks at the moment.

So perhaps an email to Rails of Sheffield combined with the post above about using Athearn parts - in the post linked below Rails of Sheffield indicated frequent shipments from Athearn and checking with them may give you an indication how often they get product from Walthers and hopefully provide a UK option with faster than 6 month services

• Thanks 1