Rat matters

From the cabsaab link in Chard's Waverley thread, a couple of oddments that might (or might not)* be the start of an occasional series

First off, a good roof shot of 5227 showing just one variation of the revised eggs 'n' toast arrangement. Secondly a minor (very minor) livery variation, one which I think might be peculiar to sometime ER/NER machines: Holbeck's inestimable 7568 with the FYE carried up slightly higher than is usual, over the cantrail

Discuss. Or notwink.gif

Secondly a minor (very minor) livery variation, one which I think might be peculiar to sometime ER/NER machines: Holbeck's inestimable 7568 with the FYE carried up slightly higher than is usual, over the cantrail

I notice that the blue stars are inboard of the lamp irons as well, which I thought was always a good indication of the loco having been painted at St Rollox works. The Caledonian Carravagio's always liked to be different in livery application. 24 009 was another loco with similar characteristics.

Hehehe - yeah, saw the roof shot and thought what a great steam-era weathering guide it made!

The tea-bag sided 25s are a step too far for me: too much work for insufficient return (ibid), but I thought this was a reasonable benchmark (i.e. low) for distressing the roof of D5118 when I get that far with her. As some will be aware, I'm of the school that can be bought-off by the notion that a passable model of a Highland Sulzer can be reached more easily from these beginnings than the diesel it's supposed to represent wink.gif

Archived