OO9 Ashover Coach

Paul.Uni

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 03/06/2023 at 22:16, AndrewB7585 said:

Any idea on when these are due? Website still says January which seems optimistic 

1. The Bachmann website was updated today and still says 'Jan/Feb'.

2. The time between the livery samples of the RNAD wagons being shown and their release is about the same as the Ashover coaches livery samples being shown and their current ETA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't buy many new rtr models these days but I picked up number 1 and I thought it was superb! The roof and panel detail is much crisper than the Peco L and B models and the chassis is heavier and holds the very track well. Not cheap but the quality is really excellent 

Ashover is a beautiful spot and I've walked on or near various bits of the trackbed as well as travelled in revived line at the Midland Railway. It is delightful to have so many Ashover models in Bachmann RTR. Even the narrow gauge station shelter resembles an Ashover building.  I wonder if someone in Bachmann's top brass grew up in the area and loves it as much as I do?

• Like 3

On 01/02/2024 at 08:49, fezza said:

I don't buy many new rtr models these days but I picked up number 1 and I thought it was superb! The roof and panel detail is much crisper than the Peco L and B models and the chassis is heavier and holds the very track well. Not cheap but the quality is really excellent 

Ashover is a beautiful spot and I've walked on or near various bits of the trackbed as well as travelled in revived line at the Midland Railway. It is delightful to have so many Ashover models in Bachmann RTR. Even the narrow gauge station shelter resembles an Ashover building.  I wonder if someone in Bachmann's top brass grew up in the area and loves it as much as I do?

I agree with Fezza, these models are fantastic. Quality and detail are great, nice and heavy, run well and decoration spot on. I'm surprised that more people aren't raving about them. Not much regarding them on NGRM-online either which is odd.

Anyway, great models (I have No.1 and No.4). Well done Bachmann!!

Cheers

Andy.