Backdating a Hornby SR 4-6-0

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

I remember someone bravely backdating a Hornby SR 4-6-0 with a stepped running plate and Urie cab. The other details are unsure but it was rather an impressive achievement.

Can anyone else remember, I have failed to locate any link to the thread on RMweb but that is my fault.

Thank you

StaySafe

Yes, must have been an S15, though I don't recall seeing any such post or article.  If one altered the running plate and changed the cab it would probably look the part.  But depending how particular you are bear in mind that the pitch of the Maunsell S15 boiler is 9ft above rail level while the Urie S15 is only 8ft 7.5in.  A difference of 4.5in equivalent to 1.5mm in 4mm scale.  Would one notice if you didn't lower the boiler?

Assuming there is sufficient clearance in the Hornby S15 a 3D printed Urie loco body to fit the Hornby chassis would appear to be a feasible project.  I wonder if anyone has considered it?

Chris KT 

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

If it is impractical, I will probably just change the tender lion to BRITISH RAILWAYS, if only to be ‘a bit different’. However, it would be interesting to track down the conversion.

StaySafe

• 3 weeks later...