GWT barrier coaches 1998/9

• RMweb Gold

I have been trying to research the 3 barrier coaches used by Great Western Trains / First Great Western in the late 90s for HST and mk3 coach moves.

This included Mk1 BG 6336 and 6338 and Mk2 BFK 6330

My layout is going to be set in the period 1998 up to the introduction of First Great Western's new livery in mid 1999.

So far after trawling through Flickr,

I have found a photo of 6338 in the early 90s http://www.departmentals.com/photo.php?photo=6338 wichclearly shows it only having door windows.

Photos of another mk1 BG which must by elimination be 6336 which still has all of its windows in place.

A photo on Flickr of 6330 which was still in faded Intercity with fully plated windows in May 1999 along with a Merlin liveried 43149 and a newly painted green barrier coach.  I am assuming that this must be 6336 with newly plated windows

However I have not managed to find photos of both sides of each coach, I am a little confused with 6338 as in more recent times it very clearly has visible window plating.  Yet on the 1992 image the sides appear flush.  After rebuild both 6338/6336 lost their corridor connections and had a plate welded over the gap, I am assuming this would have been the case in the 1999 photo (which is useful seeing as I had already modelled a barrier coach in that condition that I was planning to sell).

I would very much welcome any more information on these vans from 1998/9, and any associated powercar / coach movements if anyone has any.