Dapol 'Manor' tender insignia

Chris Phillips

I've just been looking at pictures of the expected-soon GWR 'Manor' Class model from Dapol, and I cannot understand how a major manufacturer like this could allow mis-aligned markings on the tender to pass quality control.

Some examples seem to be OK, the BR ones for example, have the early or late crests directly above the centre axle, where they should be, but the versions in post-war GWR livery, the ones with GWR on the tender, and the ones featuring G (crest) W, have the W or the crest totally out of line of the axle box.

I noticed this on their 43XX model which came out last year, and it stopped me from buying one, because it is obviously wrong - it even looks weird and out of line, and totally unlike any locos in these liveries in prototype photos I have found.

Come on Dapol, you can do better than this !

• Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators

I knew that your post was incorrect but didn't have the supporting material to hand over the weekend. It was picked up and addressed in the main Manor topic (where you should have posted).

Dapol have kindly supplied supporting images to show that they are correct in the lettering placement.

If you think you have identified an issue please look at reference material before posting; it wasn't even posited as a question - just a statement followed by criticism.

P1010699.JPG

7807.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1