Recreating neglected permanent way using DAS clay

Hi all. 
I’m looking to build a small shunting layout and give the track work a neglected look where there is no ballast shoulder and the surrounding ground looks almost level with the sleeper tops. Some of the layout threads I follow mention using DAS clay, but because of the server issues, the photos accompanying the text showing how it was done have gone. 
Does anyone have any “in progress” photos showing how they embedded their permanent way with DAS Clay to give a neglected branch line / sidings look? 
Many thanks. 
Kind regards. 
Bill. 

Personally I wouldn't do it. DAS clay and humidity/moisture don't mix longterm, it may look good in the short term but unless you can guarantee it won't suffer this problem you may regret doing it. It doesn't like frost either.

I speak from personal experience.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

9 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

Personally I wouldn't do it. DAS clay and humidity/moisture don't mix longterm, it may look good in the short term but unless you can guarantee it won't suffer this problem you may regret doing it. It doesn't like frost either.

I speak from personal experience.

Hi Stephen. 
thank you for your reply. I was really surprised to read your experience. A couple of years ago I made some test pieces, using a thin layer of DAS spread over piece of ply which had PVA brushed on, to try out different methods of scribing for creating a stone block retaining wall. These were then left in a damp, unheated garage for over 12 months. I didn’t get any issues with the DAS at all. 
Regards. 
Bill. 

1 hour ago, Campaman said:

I have multiple buildings produce by adding DAS to 2mm Card using PVA and stonework scribed, they are stored in the shed and are now over 5 years old and show no problems.

My experience was from when we had real winters before all this global warming, when the local canals used to freeze over, they don't anymore. The use of PVA as a base probably helps too.

Thanks @colin55 for the link, that answers a lot of questions. 
 I did another search earlier and found a blog entry that also has some good ideas and inspiration for modelling sidings / yards using DAS.

thought it could be useful to add to the thread in case anyone else searches similar to myself. 

Time to put together a test piece an have a go for myself.