Paint for Jubilee purple loco

Following a visit to the SVR over the weekend, I have been commanded by SWMBO (aided and abetted by grandkids) to transform an old Hornby rebuilt WC into 'Elizabeth II'.  Does anyone know of a suitable purple for this?  I'm thinking of a Halfords or similar rattlecan that's a reasonable match. If all else fails, the hex paint code for the official purple is available as is the manufacturer's paint code, but I'd prefer not to have to get a can made up specially.   The renumbering shouldn't be too difficult, but are there any decals of the Jubilee crest out there? There are plenty of sources for downloads or stickers of the image, but I haven't seen any decals.

Thanks

JackD

• RMweb Premium

I used Humbrol Acrylic aerosol paint (Purple 68) on a Graham Farish N gauge loco body and a Triang Nellie 0-4-0 body. Whether or not it is exactly the right shade of purple is difficult to judge but it is a pleasant shade. 

The lining is going to be a challenge, especially in N! 

Miss P:

According to the official royal website, it's Pantone 3515 C.  The T&R Williams (who did the painting) website gives their colour as SP01353.  Googling for the code gives different hex codes and RGB values. So the info is out there - but it would be so much easier if there's a ready made can available.

JackD

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

At the risk of being controversial, the locomotive colour looked nothing like any of the purples I have seen supporting the jubilee's events - to my eyes.

The Jubilee imagery I have seen, including here on RMweb have a muted purple colour, not unlike Wimbledon purple.  

The loco seams vivid purple

Andy

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 months later...