Class 50 Cab Removal

R1ch1ew

• RMweb Gold
On 12/06/2022 at 19:21, R1ch1ew said:

I've got a new Class 50 with a windscreen that's fallen out.  Is the cab glued in place?

It looks like it to me. Had the same issue with one of my recent arrivals (the revised NSE livery version) so it’s gone back to the shop for replacement.

** Edited 29/6: replacement was the same. Also going back. **

** Edited 2/7: third one was ok. Phew. **

Edited by The Pilotman
Updated information
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

It looks like it to me. Had the same issue with one of my recent arrivals (the revised NSE livery version) so it’s gone back to the shop for replacement.

Thanks for your response, I think I'll do the same, fingers crossed there's a spare.

I found that the desk unit was not quite pushed home and so took that out along with the windscreen and then carefully clipped the screen back in place before relocating the desk unit. No glue was needed but the body sides needed to be prised apart a little to allow the unit to clip back into place.

Edited by miken806
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...

I've just bought a class 50 and both ends had dislodged screens. I found prising out the light unit between the desk and the roof made is easy to po the desk out. Clipped the windscreen back in light unit back in next and then located the desk into the groove in the light unit and gently clip the desk forward to click into place,again take a bit of pressure off the sides to make it easier to pop bits in and out. No glue necessary but ths must be a common problem but at least it's an easy fix!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1