If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from British Columbia!

britishcolumbian

Hi!

I've long been into TT scale (1:120), primarily focussed on British Columbian and Hungarian subjects (with a dabble of California). I've always had a soft spot for British Railways too, but have been hesitant to get anything due to the scales not matching... but with the flurry of British 1:120 scale announcements I'm ready to take the plunge and start learning in depth!

Peco's focus on GWR structures is a happy fluke since I am very fond of Somerset, hopefully I will find that the locomotives and other stock to come will be suitable for such a scene... maybe reproduce Pen Mill in 1:120? We'll see...

Anyways, hello! :)

• Like 2

20220403_160653.thumb.jpg.1f8f6a2ba09a18f9c56f7c4ce7f4c2b9.jpg

This is my Hungarian class M41, weathered up a bit, on one of the modules belonging to a member of the local TT scale group... presently working in getting a pair if covered wagins weathered. 

20220410_140955.thumb.jpg.119d69b2489783c4aacc1ded2f6b7abc.jpg

And this is a little string of California works-in-progress... Southern Pacific SW8 with dynamic brake kitbashed from an RTR SW1200 made by MTB of Czechia, a boxcar awaiting weathering, and a Southern Pacific caboose, my first attempt at a brass kit.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

Where in BC?  I take it neither southern Island(s), or Vancouver area, as both have fairly active communities.  I take it you are aware of the TT support from Central Hobbies ?

James
(look west, far west, on the island...I'm to the west of Sooke)

• RMweb Premium

Welcome from Scotland.   I have many cousins in BC.    Chilliwack, Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Sooke, Qualicum Beach etc.    Not been out that way for ten years.   I used to enjoy the rides on the RDC on Vancouver island, sadly no more. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, peach james said:

Where in BC?  I take it neither southern Island(s), or Vancouver area, as both have fairly active communities.  I take it you are aware of the TT support from Central Hobbies ?

James
(look west, far west, on the island...I'm to the west of Sooke)

Well I grew up in New Westminster but live in south Vancouver... I'm one of the two guys (the other was from Alberta) who had the very first TT display back at the Cameron centre show in like 2011... it's what spurred Bill Dixon to get the modular group going, and drew everyone else out the woodwork. The two photos I posted were taken at one of our private modular setups at BCSME in Burnaby earlier this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Welcome from Scotland.   I have many cousins in BC.    Chilliwack, Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Sooke, Qualicum Beach etc.    Not been out that way for ten years.   I used to enjoy the rides on the RDC on Vancouver island, sadly no more. 

Thanks! The RDC on the Island is like the train to Prince George, I was like "yeah I'll go this year" and then it never came together for this or that reason, so I was like "okay, next year"... and then next year never came. I don't want to get into BC railway politics but I'm livid about it all.

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Welcome!

I believe you welcomed me to another place so I thought I’d return the favour!

Lovely models you’ve shown above, well done.

John

Yep I was one of them! Thanks for the welcome, and the compliments! :)

• Like 2