Craiglang to Finport now Bradwell Park

Clan Mcadder

All change ! 

hello and WECLOME to the opening Pages for the story of the ,Craiglang to Finport line.

Set in the picturesque suburbs of Glasgow and the even prettier costal town of Finport .

The layout will be a 1990s-2010 preserved line but will also be a layout for my collection of Scottish dmus of which their are many . 

it will take inspiration from the NYMR for its mainline connection and many other lines but id like to replicate stock and locos that are/ were running in that time so no rockets or Apts . 

now this is layout plan 1.0 so all very subject to change atm . passing loops aren't an issue as i don't plan on running a lot of hauled stock and i also plan on building a mk1 with the end converted into a driving car . 

the two sidings that come into the other section under the bridge will be hidden under a concreate monstrosity to hide them .  

new bed.jpg

Edited by Clan Mcadder
spelling

2 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Isnae whit?

:-)

Paul.

To get the jist of my comment you would need to watch the BBC 'Still Game'  series.  I was just quoting remarks from one of the characters in the series.  (Alisdair)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, ardbealach said:

To get the jist of my comment you would need to watch the BBC 'Still Game'  series.  I was just quoting remarks from one of the characters in the series.  (Alisdair)

Very familiar with Still Game, where I stayed I could see the ‘roof’ of Methadone Mick’s residence.
Don’t recall an Alisdair by name was he the chief of the wee bawbags?

Paul.

• Like 1

so to embrace the spirit of Tam , ive got another idea which is to redo/ convert the current layout that would need to be taken down and disposed of , 

so if anyone has any ideas to covert the current layout that would be grand , i am torn between either a Kyle style with lots of rock work etc or a "modernised" Glasgow city theme ? 

bedroom layout.jpg

On 16/06/2022 at 11:32, Clan Mcadder said:

Very much so , i plan on adapting some Dapol figures for the job 

Methadone Mick and the dentist would make a quaint little cameo scene…

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

unfortunately Craiglang to Finport is on hold until for the foreseeable future as id rather like to make this a decent layout with large points and bigger stations etc . although i am still planning on working on the figures. 

ok so with that said and done the layout will still be built but as a somewhere to run anything from late 60 diesels to heavens preserved steam , its currently playing a early 80s location somewhere in the north west between Manchester and Chester . 

I've kept the track plan but i have modified it to increase the play value as per a suggestion from my dad .  this has meant adding a point and extending a siding and relocating the platform ,

I really need to clean up the over spray where the hillside used to be . 

289343033_7941697212514812_8027152032236978133_n.jpg

289647478_7941697692514764_3721049285719335149_n.jpg

• Like 3

• Clan Mcadder changed the title to Craiglang to Finport now Bradwell Park

but one big question i am asking myself is theme ,

i'd like to give my self a challenge and to try an replicate a preserved line but accurately so with actual stock that's preserved as i cant stand layouts with the completely wrong stock on .

or id like to do something set in the early 70s perhaps with a view towards London , as an excuse to run some red pannier tanks with some spoil wagons ?

but please any help would be very welcomed 

Ok so I’ve had another idea and I am just not feeling the layout at this stage , I’ve worked out I can buy all new wood for the baseboards and reuse all of the track work plus an extra point and hopefully end up with something like this , which can be called craiglang . Which will hopefully tick all the boxes I have for the layout .

09B7DA6B-E6DE-41BD-B6BF-9E589C515554.jpeg