Harley Lane 2 Modern Image Exhibition Layout

Daniel43163

Hi All,

After nearly 10 years since the last layout, I built its time for an upgrade. The last layout I built didn’t have the ability to be split and transported. This layout is built in 3 4ft X 1.5ft sections. I’m well underway with progress but thought id start with some small progress here.

here you can see the basebaords built up with the track diagram layed so i could work out where everything needed to go.

IMG_4604.JPG

IMG_4605.JPG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hello all,

Thanks for the great feedback with progress so far. Little post showing progress with the layout. Below shows modified buffer stops I have kitted out with micro-LEDs. The wires are enamelled and so thin I was able to glue them to the inside of the buffer legs to hide them. The buffers were then base coated with the airbrush and then additional detail with rust effects will finish them off nicely.  They have been wired into a dimmer unit to allow me to dim them to the right brightness.

KCTE7648.JPG

XJIL5020.JPG

Edited by Daniel43163
  • Like 2

The depot building has also been kitted out with some LEDs. White LEDs for the floodlights and some warm lights for the outside lighting. The inside have been fitted with warm white LEDs also wired into a dimmer to create the perfect effects.   KTDY0847.thumb.JPG.7182a4ea55f806b542c423264ff7b756.JPGIMG_5605.thumb.JPG.ed5584c83a9dad9755eb2d03e60c90af.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Little update from the layout. Ballasting has started and is progressing really well. Once this is all complete i will be able to get the airbrush out again to tone down the ballast. Ground signals have also been installed and connected up to the new pannel.

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image9.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

7 hours ago, Daniel43163 said:

Little update from the layout. Ballasting has started and is progressing really well. Once this is all complete i will be able to get the airbrush out again to tone down the ballast. Ground signals have also been installed and connected up to the new pannel.

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image9.jpeg

This looks cracking, if only my ballasting looked as good

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel43163 said:

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image9.jpeg

The ballasting looks spot on for the bullhead track. Can I ask what brand you used?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/07/2022 at 17:24, Daniel43163 said:

image6.jpeg

Have to say the track work and detail in the chairs etc, in this image looks superb, did not actually recognise it as Peco to start with!

Rich

• Like 1

• 3 months later...