Kidderminster Railway Museum - Railway Photograph Fair - Saturday July 9th 2022

Old Gringo

737351049_photofairA59.7.22copy.jpg.0be0a47faeacdcdd65c2a0bdd4324a55.jpg

AFTER TWO AND A HALF YEARS IT'S BACK - OUR POPULAR RAILWAY PHOTOGRAPH FAIR

We have been asked on numerous occasions over the last few weeks whether we will be holding another of our railway photograph fairs as we did pre-pandemic.  We have looked carefully at the risks involved to both customers and staff and have come to the conclusion that we are happy to host another fair on our traditional second Saturday in July and look forward to meeting up with our friends again.

Details from the Kidderminster Railway Museum website:

Saturday July 9th 2022 - Railway Photograph Fair

A chance to come and browse and add to your photograph collection.  

We have several dealers in attendance, all with interesting stocks of photographs for you to look at and hopefully purchase.  To date, those booked in are Rod Blencowe, Stuart Blencowe, Roger Carpenter, Jeremy Sutor, Mike Bentley, Duncan Chandler, 813 Fund, Hampton Loade station fund, and Barrie Geens.  The Museum's own photograph archive will also be available to look at.

Please note the slightly different venue.  As a bit of an experiment, we are holding the fair in the former nursery premises at the back of the museum.  Signs will direct you to it, but the nursery building has one big advantage in that you will not have to climb any stairs to attend the fair.  This also makes life a lot easier for the dealers with their heavy stocks and the ageing porters who have helped in the past.

We are still pursuing the provision of lift facilities and plans have now been prepared for the extension building.  Once the lift is operational, then we will probably revert to using the upper floor of the museum.  Refreshments will be available in the nursery building as well, with a more extensive menu still being available in the museum itself.

The former nursery building is due to become the museum archive centre and is located on the right hand side of the access drive to the Severn Valley Railway Car park.

We look forward to seeing you on 9th July.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One daft question if you are coming is there anything you are looking for in terms or area, lines or classes. I need to get my photo printing done and have about 2500 new ones to choose from as well as all those already done. As ever there will be more Caley, SMJR, 4F's, S&DJR , LSWR in Dorset (old road) . 

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Stephenwolsten said:

I'm kicking myself for missing the return of this event. Is there a date for the next ones please?

It will be back in early January. David is hoping to get the Transport Treasury there along with some other new dealers. Meanwhile I will just try to remember to take everything with me next time, lol

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...
14 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Does anyone know the date for the July photo fair?

There were leaflets out yesterday (on the first day of the SVR Diesel Gala weekend) with the date of Saturday July 8th 2023 for the next Railway Photograph Fair and all the other details looked to be the same as last year's event.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Old Gringo said:

There were leaflets out yesterday (on the first day of the SVR Diesel Gala weekend) with the date of Saturday July 8th 2023 for the next Railway Photograph Fair and all the other details looked to be the same as last year's event.

Thanks, I just need to finish labelling the 2200 new prints then and get them filed and ready. Hopefully my wife will not be unwell and I will be able to attend unlike January. 

• Like 1