Resin smell and air purifiers

Hi all,

There have been complaints in the house today that there is a stronger smell of resin, one factor possibly being I'm using a new bottle of Anycubic grey resin instead of the previous year old one. The printer is on a desk in the loft room/conversion, near to a large window that is open and usually sufficient to allow air flow and I have previously sat at the bench with resin in the vat without any ill effects 

Thinking that I might need to provide more adequate extraction, I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the small extractors that sit over the vent inside the printer? I'm assuming they're nothing more than a carbon filter, battery and fan. Or would a separate desktop HEPA/carbon filter purifier be better...? 

The Elegoo filters they have added to their newest printers are simply an activated carbon filter but I don't know how effective they are, I've been using water washable which perhaps goes against percieved wisdom but I've had very few issues with 

• RMweb Premium

Filters attached to the printer seem like a bit of a waste of time/effort to me as you need to think through the whole process. Rresin in the printer is just the start. After you have removed the print from the build plate and drained the print down, washed, dried and cured it, having resin impregnated towels, gloves and support material in the workspace all needs to be considered. To that end, I opted for a complete 7 stage air purifier for the room. Like this - https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/eap500hc/electriq-eap500hc

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. I did buy and have been using a pair of these carbon filters but I'd agree with the above comment that it's not just the resin in the vat that's the problem but everything the fumes might come into contact with plus disposal of uncured supports etc. that now go in a sealed bin. I'm not even sure they work at all and the main propogation of resin odour depends on the airflow so some form of mechanical extraction might be better.

PXL_20220717_091520432.thumb.jpg.327414cb1dbaf8fde6b591a2d57a48e1.jpg