Bourton on the water model railway...closed?

terry.ecmr

3 minutes ago, terry.ecmr said:

My son took his daughter to Bourton on the Water today and the windows of the model shop/model railway  are whitewashed. 

Anyone have any information?

They retired

• Informative/Useful 3

That's about right. Its a shame because it was a nice shop with good prices in a very nice location. Always made a visit to Bourton on the Water even more enjoyable. I have been to Bouton since the shop closed but it just isn't quite the same.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I hadn't noticed and I often pass through Bourton. Probably killed by Covid, but the local councils don't seem to like the day trippers and have a golden goose shooting policy. It's only about 15 miles from Cheltenham Model centre and couldn't compete on price.  I used to get Scalextric parts there, Must be worth a million or so as a dwelling in that location.  Bourton is a great place in theory, dead in winter,over run by grockles in summer.

The property was up for sale several months ago at upmarket estate agent Savills for a cool £1,850,000 ! Was still on Right Move in May 2022 but presumably it has now been sold as no longer on Savills website.

Edited by d46037
New info
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

Just found this thread, I saw the website was down earlier in the year and assumed it had closed for some reason. What a shame, remember going as a kid about 25-30 years ago.

Does anyone know what happened to all the layouts they had in the exhibition behind the shop? Broken up I expect, but again, what a shame. ☹️